- Processing of Personal Data
- General Rules
- Data Confidentiality
- Data Subject’s Rights
Processing of Personal Data
Generally, You may use our websites for information purposes without giving personal information and informing Deimos who you are. On the other hand, some of our services need to collect more information:
- Deimos may collect personal information for the purposes of direct communication with You in order to respond to your questions, and fulfill your requests. If You send us product orders, service requirements, other requests or if you upload any materials to our website, we may have to contact you in order to gain additional information necessary for processing or in order to fulfill your order, request or requirement. For this purpose, as well as for the purpose of requested performance of services, we need to process your details provided via web forms, email or applications.
- If You agree with processing of your data for the purposes of marketing communication, We may use your details to administer marketing communication until You withdraw your consent.
- Contact information and data contained in your support requests are required for service of technical or other support nature provided by Deimos. Based on the channel You choose to contact us, We may collect your email address, phone number, product details and description of your support case. You may be asked to provide us with other information to facilitate service of support such as generated log files or dumps. The data from support may only be used for the provision of support service and for enhancing customer experience while providing support.
- We are doing our best while helping you to enjoy safer technology. Your input is very valuable for us and there are various channels available to provide us with samples of malicious or suspicious software. Samples and its metadata will be processed and stored based on public interest as well as legitimate interest of Deimos, which is cybersecurity.
There are only a few legal bases for data processing which We use according to the GDPR and POPI legislative frameworks. Our activities are mainly covered by
- Legitimate interest legal base or even public interest concerning cybersecurity entitling us to collect samples and service data for analysis, to provide You with even better protection, support and experience We can offer. Even marketing is recognized by GDPR and POPI as a legitimate interest, therefore we rely on this concept when it comes to cookies used by our web sites and communication with our customers.
- Consent, if required by legislation.
- Compliance with legal obligation e.g. stipulating requirements for electronic communication, invoicing or billing.
Deimos is a company operating worldwide. Based on your location and service You choose to use, Deimos might be required to transfer your data to a country that is not covered by GDPR or POPI. Even in such cases, every transfer of information is subject to regulation of data protection legislation and takes place only if required.
It is our intention to prevent data from being stored longer than necessary while providing Deimos products and services.
Deimos implements appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security which is appropriate to potential risks. We are doing our best to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services. However, in case of data breach resulting in a risk to your rights and freedoms, We are ready to notify the supervisory authority as well as the data subjects.
Data Subject’s Rights
Deimos is subject to regulation of South African and English laws and We consider ourselves bound by data protection legislation binding member states of European Union. Every Data subject is therefore entitled to the following rights:
- right to request access to your personal data from Deimos,
- right to rectification of your personal data if inaccurate (You also have the right to have incomplete personal data amended),
- right to request erasure of your personal data,
- right to request restriction processing of your personal data,
- right to object to processing as well as
- right to data portability.
We believe that all information we process is valuable and necessary for legitimate purposes while providing services and products to our customers, and worth protecting with the highest priority.
If You would like to exercise your right as a data subject or You have a question concerning personal data protection or protection of privacy, send us a message at:
In this policy we use the term “cookies” to refer to cookies and other similar technologies covered by the EU Directive on privacy in electronic communications.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time.
Most Internet browsers support cookies; however, users can set their browsers to decline certain types of cookies or specific cookies. Further, users can delete cookies at any time.
What types of cookies do we use?
First-Party and Third-Party Cookies
We use both first-party and third-party cookies on our website.
First-party cookies are cookies issued from Deimos’ domain that are generally used to identify language and location preferences or render basic site functionality.
Third-party cookies belong to and are managed by other parties, such as Deimos’ business partners or service providers. These cookies may be required to render certain forms, such as the submission of a job application, or to allow for some advertising outside of the Deimos website.
Session cookies are temporary cookies that are used to remember you during the course of your visit to the website, and they expire when you close the web browser.
Persistent cookies are used to remember your preferences within the website and remain on your desktop or mobile device even after you close your browser or restart your computer. We use these cookies to analyse user behavior to establish visit patterns so that we can improve our website functionality for you and others who visit our website(s). These cookies also allow us to serve you with targeted advertising and measure the effectiveness of our site functionality and advertising.
How do I reject and delete cookies?